EDUCATION & OUTREACH
AMERICAN SIGN LANGUAGE (ASL)
Classes are listed on our Languages page. Please click here to see if we are currently offering courses.
Toronto Resource Directories
JEWISH DISABILITY ACCEPTANCE & INCLUSION MONTH
Jewish Disability Awareness, Acceptance and Inclusion Month (JDAIM) is a unified effort among Jewish organizations worldwide to raise awareness and foster acceptance and inclusion of people with disabilities and mental health conditions and those who love them. JDAIM is a call to action for all of us to act in accordance with our Jewish values, honouring the gifts and strengths that we each possess. Established in 2009 by the Jewish Special Education International Consortium, JDAIM is observed each February.
Mission Statement: The mission of Jewish Disability Awareness, Acceptance and Inclusion Month is to unite Jewish communities worldwide to raise awareness and champion the rights of all Jews to be accepted and included in all aspects of Jewish life like anyone else.
Why You Should Participate in JDAIM
• Raise awareness and affirm that inclusion and belonging are essential to wellbeing and quality of life of people with disabilities, mental health conditions and caregivers—like anyone else.
• Underscore the importance of choosing one’s own Jewish journey.
• Support people with disabilities and mental health conditions in all aspects of communal life—as they choose.
• Be part of a growing worldwide initiative to support participation and involvement in communal life.
• Advocate for the civil rights of people with disabilities and mental health conditions.
• Understand and overcome stigma, prejudice, biases, stereotypes, and myths about disability and mental health conditions.